Fellows hold the Guild designatory letters FDG (Member of The Dyslexia Guild). Members will commit to the Dyslexia Guild Code of Practice and will have met the following criteria.
- a Level 7 (UK HE Framework) Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma in Dyslexia/SpLD that confers qualified specialist teacher/assessor status plus a degree, or equivalent comparable qualification, from a recognised UK or International educational establishment.
- at least seven years of referenced full time equivalent experience as a qualified specialist teacher/ assessor Dyslexia/SpLD and be working as a qualified teacher, or HE/FE support assistant or other relevant professional role (e.g. Speech and Language Therapist or Educational Psychologist)
- at least four years of post-qualification referenced full time equivalent experience as a qualified assessor in mainstream education or HE/FE support settings
- an Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) where required by their role.
You must have also held Member (MDG) membership grade for at least one year.
Equivalence on the Literacy and Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) Professional Development Framework
Stage 5 Specialist Complex.
Specialist Teacher/Assessor; Dyslexia/SpLD Advisor; Dyslexia/SpLD Trainer; Postgraduate or CPD Tutor dyslexia/SpLD.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Will provide detailed evidence of an ongoing commitment to their personal professional development through recent and relevant CPD as a part of their Fellowship application
- Will ensure that their assessment practice is informed by recent and relevant CPD that will update their professional knowledge and application in a professional context
- Will commit to a mentoring role to aspiring specialist teachers and assessors in their professional working capacity.
All of the following benefits are included in your annual membership fee:
¹ terms apply, courses/events from a given selection, please email email@example.com for the discount code BEFORE you book, we reserve the right to change/cancel course dates and/or schedules subject to booking numbers.
Please note before applying below:
You will required to provide references from two SpLD or other professionals who have known you and your work for at least a year. For example, colleagues with SpLD or SEN qualifications, educational psychologists, a work manager, Head of Department or a Principal. They can be retired but at least one of the references should still be contributing to their profession in some way. The referee should:
- Introduce themselves and explain their professional relationship to you
- Include specific examples of your accomplishments
- Include contact information information such as their name, their professional title, the organisation and an email address.
Your membership fee will automatically increase to £100+VAT or (£80+VAT direct debit) at your next renewal.
If you meet all of the above entry criteria we invite you to apply here