Fellows hold the Guild designatory letters FDG (Fellow of The Dyslexia Guild). Members will commit to the Dyslexia Guild Code of Practice and will have met the following criteria.
Meet at least four of the listed criteria below:
- two years of teaching/tutoring/lecturing and 4 years assessment post qualification date
- presenting at a conference or a workshop event
- training colleagues or peers in the area of literacy, cognition, neurodiversity, SEN or SpLD
- demonstrating significant or wide impact inside or outside of your sector
- publishing online or in journals or books or developing teaching or learning resources
- working on research-related projects
- participation on a committee such as STEC, CReSTED, etc
- relevant volunteering for a literacy, SEN or SpLD charity
You must have also held Member (MDG) membership grade for at least one year.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Will provide detailed evidence of an ongoing commitment to their personal professional development through recent and relevant CPD as a part of their Fellowship application
- Will ensure that their assessment practice is informed by recent and relevant CPD that will update their professional knowledge and application in a professional context
- Will commit to a mentoring role to aspiring specialist teachers and assessors in their professional working capacity.
All of the following benefits are included in your annual membership fee:
¹ terms apply, courses/events from a given selection, please email email@example.com for the discount code BEFORE you book, we reserve the right to change/cancel course dates and/or schedules subject to booking numbers.
Please note before applying
You will need to provide and have ready to upload:
- References from two SpLD or other professionals who have known you and your work for at least a year. For example, colleagues with SpLD or SEN qualifications, educational psychologists, a work manager, Head of Department or a Principal. They can be retired but at least one of the references should still be contributing to their profession in some way. The referee should:
- Introduce themselves and explain their professional relationship to you
- Include specific examples of your accomplishments
- Include contact information information such as their name, their professional title, the organisation and an email address.
- Up to date CV
- CPD Log
- Copies of attendance certificates as identified in CPD Log
If you meet all of the above entry criteria we invite you to apply here ensuring you have the above documents ready to upload.
Your membership fee will automatically increase to £100+VAT or (£80+VAT direct debit) at your next renewal.