Members hold the Guild designatory letters MDG (Member of The Dyslexia Guild). Members will commit to the Dyslexia Guild Code of Practice and will have met the following criteria.
- a Level 7 (UK HE Framework) Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma in Dyslexia/SpLD that confers qualified specialist teacher/assessor status plus
- a degree, or equivalent comparable qualification, from a recognised UK or International educational establishment.
Specialist assessor qualifications should have been accredited at level 7 by the BDA and/or the SpLD Assessment Steering Committee (SASC) or a suitable equivalent in the case of international applicants.
- at least four years of referenced full time equivalent experience as a qualified teacher, or HE/FE support assistant or other relevant professional role (e.g Speech and Language Therapist or Educational Psychologist)
- at least one year of referenced full time equivalent experience as a qualified specialist assessor in mainstream education or HE/FE support settings.
- hold an Assessment Practising Certificate (APC) where required by their role.
Equivalence on the Literacy and Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) Professional Development Framework
Stage 5 Specialist Complex.
Specialist Teacher/Assessor; Advisory Specialist Teacher/Assessor; Postgraduate or CPD Tutor dyslexia/SpLD
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Will provide evidence on request of an ongoing commitment to their personal professional development through recent and relevant CPD
- Will ensure that their assessment practice is informed by recent and relevant CPD that will update their professional knowledge and application in a professional context.
All of the following benefits are included in your annual membership fee: